1. Your privacy is important to us. The Indian Hotels Company Limited (“IHCL”) and Tata Digital Limited (“We” or “we”, “our” , “us”) takes the privacy of your information seriously. This privacy statement explains what personal data we collect from you, through our interactions with you on this Application, and how we use that data.
2. Please note that this Application may include links to websites of third parties whose privacy practices differ from those of our platforms. If you provide personal data to any of those websites, then your data is governed by their privacy statements.
3. Qmin is a platform which is a part of the initiative of IHCL . Tata Digital Limited is the technology platform owner of Qmin Application for availing meal delivery services. IHCL is the owner of Qmin, and facilitates the preparation and delivery of food from its various hotels (The services is collectively referred to as the “Services”).
4. The Services would be made available to such natural persons who have agreed to avail the Services after obtaining due registration, in accordance with the procedure as determined by Us, from time to time (referred to as “You” or “you” or “your” or “yourself” or “User”, which terms shall also include natural persons who are accessing the Application merely as visitors).
5. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection law established in India and this Policy is published in accordance applicable laws including:
Section 43 A of the Information Technology Act, 2000;
Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (the "SPI Rules"); and Regulation 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
6. The purpose of this Policy statement is to explain to You what personal information We collect from your visit(s) to our Application, and how We protect the information that You provide to Us when You use our Application. This Policy has been designed and developed to help You understand the following:
- The type of Personal Information (including Sensitive Personal Data or Information) that We collect from the Users;
- The purpose of collection means and modes of usage of such Personal Information by Us;
- How and to whom We will disclose such information;
- How We will protect the Personal Information including Sensitive Personal Data or Information that is collected from the Users; and
- How Users may access and/ or modify their Personal Information.
You can be assured that We will use such information sensibly and carefully, and only in accordance with this privacy statement. We maintain compliance with the highest standards of privacy, so our visitors/Users can securely use services offered by Us. Any information that You provide to Qmin is subject to our Policy.
7. Your Consent
By accessing this Application and whenever you submit any information to Qmin, or use services offered by Qmin, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Policy. Please read below carefully the entire Policy before using the Qmin Application. You may withdraw your consent by sending a written notice to us at email@example.com
- As part of providing our Services to you, we may need to send routine communications to you, such as emails and other administrative messages through email and notifications posted on the Application or through other means available, including text and other forms of messaging.
- When you sign up, you also agree to receive our e-newsletters, we may periodically send emails about new services, special offers or other information, which you may find interesting and beneficial. If you do not wish to receive promotional information from us, you can, at any time, choose to opt out of receiving Qmin promotional e-newsletters. To unsubscribe from our e-newsletters, you can follow the directions included at the e-newsletter.
- You must ensure to provide us with the correct and up-to-date Personal Information. This will allow us to contact you for further correspondences with respect to our Services. We are not responsible for any inaccurate information you provide to us.
- If, at any time, you want to access, update, modify or eliminate any of your account information at Qmin you may do so by clicking "Your Account", and then review/change your personal information as you want it to be.
- Qmin may, in future, request other optional information from you in order to customize the Application to deliver personalized service to our Users.
8. Types of personal information collected by us:
A User may have limited access to the Application and utilize some of the Services provided by us without creating an account on the Application. Unregistered Users can access some of the information and details available on the Application.
In order to have access to all the features and benefits on our Application, a User would be required to first create an account on our Application. As part of the registration process, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information from the Users (hereinafter collectively referred to as “User Information”):
ii. User ID;
iii. Email address;
iv. Address (including country and ZIP/postal code);
vii. Phone Number;
viii. Password chosen by the User;
ix. IP address and geo-location;
x. Web browser type and version (automatically collected) and other user data;
xi. A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Application, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
xii. certain other types of information when your web browser accesses the Application, directly or with “cookies”.
9. Purposes for which your information may be used by us:
We will retain User Information only to the extent it is necessary to provide Services to the Users. The information which we collect from you may be utilized for various business and/or regulatory purposes including for the following purposes:
- Registration of the User on the Application;
- Processing the User’s requests and provision of Services;
- Technical administration and customization of Application;
- Ensuring that the Application content is presented to the Users in an effective manner;
- Delivery of personalized information and target advertisements to the User;
- Improvement of Services, features and functionality of the Application;
- Research and development and for User administration (including conducting user surveys);
- Non-personally identifiable information, exclusively owned by us may be used in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for internal research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes including those for the purposes of determining the number of visitors and transactional details, and we may sell or otherwise transfer such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates;
- Dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints or disputes and other customer care related activities including those arising out of the Users’ request of the Services and all other general administrative and business purposes;
- In case of any contests or similar offerings conducted by us in which the User participates, the User Information may be used for prize fulfillment and other aspects of any contest or similar offering;
- Verification of identity of Users and perform checks to prevent frauds; and
10. Disclosure and transfer of your personal information:
We may share your personal Data with:
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries and other entities within the Tata group of companies that we do not control, to assist them to reach out to you in relation to programs or campaigns identified by them on this Application and to conduct internal analysis to improve our services and the services of those entities.
- While you place a request to order food, your information is provided to us and to the restaurants with whom you may choose to order. In order to facilitate your online food order processing, we provide your information to that restaurant in a similar manner as if you had made a food order directly with the restaurant. If you provide a mobile phone number, we may send you text messages regarding the order’s delivery status. In order to facilitate your food order delivery, we will be sharing your information with our delivery partner which will be processed for delivery related services.
- Our employees, vendors, agents and professional advisors working on our behalf for the purposes described in this policy statement; and
- Service-providers who assist in protecting and securing our systems and provide services to us which require the processing of personal data, such as to host your information or to process your information for data profiling and user analysis.
We do not share other personal Data collected from the Application with other third parties. However, this may happen if:
- You request or authorize us to do so;
- We need to comply with applicable law, Government order or respond to valid legal process; or
- We need to operate and maintain the security of this Application, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks.
Please note that if you specifically consent to additional uses or disclosures of your information, we may use your information in a manner consistent with that consent.
11. Keeping Data Secure
We will use technical and organizational measures to safeguard your Data and we store your Data on secure servers with encryption on customer data within our database.
Technical and organizational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorized access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Retention of Personal Data
We retain personal Data for as long as necessary to provide the access to and use of the Application, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types and purposes, actual retention periods can vary significantly.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for audit, legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
13. Your Rights
When we process Data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the Application for you to use and operate, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests as described in this privacy statement.
Below, you will find additional privacy information that you may find important. We adhere to applicable data protection laws, which if applicable includes the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to Access - the right to request
i. copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or
ii. that we modify, update or delete such information.
If we provide you with access to information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to Correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to Erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to Restrict our Use of your Data - the right to limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to Object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
For information about managing your contact data, email subscriptions and promotional communications, please submit a request to us by e-mail to email@example.com
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
14. Security of Personal Data
We are committed to protecting the security of your Data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
15. Where We Store and Process Personal Data
In general, personal Data collected and processed under this privacy statement is hosted on servers located in India. We are part of a corporate group with affiliates and subsidiaries based in the European Economic Area (EEA), the U.S. and Asia. We take steps to ensure that the Data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
16. Links to Other Sites
This Application may provide links to other websites of Tata entities and third parties. We have no control over such websites and are not responsible for the content of those websites.
Other websites that may be accessible through links from the Application may have their own privacy statements, terms and conditions and personal information collection, use, and disclosure practices. This Policy does not extend to your use of other websites. You are advised to read the Policy or statement of other websites prior to using them.
If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of this Policy (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this Policy will not be affected.
19. Governing Laws and Jurisdiction
This Policy will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of India. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Mumbai.
20. Force Majeure
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, we shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of the User Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event. A "Force Majeure Event" means any event that is beyond our reasonable control and includes, without limitation, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, natural calamity, pandemic or epidemic, strikes, lock outs or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, power failure, sabotage, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, system failure, virus, attacks, bugs, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption.
21. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement as it may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Application and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the privacy statement on your first use of the Application following the alterations.
You may contact us via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org